Hauserplb
Hauserplb, Plumber
Experience:  Over 20 years experience. Third generation
25685634

It appears the shower faucet in one bathroom at my

Customer Question

It appears the shower faucet in one bathroom at my mother's house is clogged. The water volume in the other bathroom is just fine, but in the master bath shower they mostly use the volume is about 1/2. I have taken off the shower head and let the water stream out the pipe but there is no change, so it appears the problem is in valve itself. It is a single handle faucet. When I removed the plastic handle and threaded chrome trim ring, I was able to get to the valve cartridge. How do I remove the cartridge? (I did have the water to house turned off) I was hoping the cartridge would easily come out by pulling with pliers, but it did not and I couldn't figure out if there was a clip to release or some other technique. how do I get it to release and pull out?I have included a view of the faucet, the exposed cartridge as well as the picture of replacement part I found in Danco catalog at Lowe's.
Thank you for your help
Jon C.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.

It will pull out, they sometimes take alot of pull. One thing to check is the shower head. Take it off and make sure the head isn't clogged up with debris also.