Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My name is joy. We just returned from a week away, turned up

Customer Question
Customer: Hi, my name is...
Customer: Hi, my name is ***** ***** just returned from a week away, turned up the hot water heater setting from vacation to the usual setting. After an hour or so there was a popping sound and a small amount of water in the pan under the heater.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. the drain pipe attached to the pop off valve feels damp at the bottom. There is very little water in the pan. Doesn't seem to be getting worse.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
12/27/2015
Plumber: Daniel Plourde, Plumber replied 2 years ago
Daniel Plourde

Hi i am dan. I can help you with this. What you have described is most likely condisation building up on the inside of the heater and then dripping down on the burner. It is normal for a heater to do that from a cold start. It should do it at first and after it returns to normal operations it should not happen again.

hi, did you have any more questions about this or is it all set?

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, Plumber