Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Neorest 500 that's about three years old. Today,

Customer Question

I have a Neorest 500 that's about three years old. Today, there is no power to the unit. The house fuse is not blown (if the unit itself has a fuse the owner's manual doesn't say where, though there is this odd thing on the right-hand side near where the power cable enters). I admit that the unit has not been maintained other than external cleaning---I just now for the first time cleaned the filter at the back of the bowl. What's the next step?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this. how do you know there is no power? did you confirm it with a meter.can you take a picture of the thing on the right and post it here.

instructions for attaching files.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know there's no power because the power light is off and none of the powered functions work. That's not rocket science.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course I've pushed the on/off button on the side and pulled and reinserted the power plug. Actually, since yesterday I've begun to suspect the motor burned out, something we probably can't deal with remotely.

ok is the plug a gfci plug with the 2 buttons on it? is it on its own breaker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no breaker on the plug itself. The receptacle has a breaker. I pushed that button though, and I believe it is functional. I'm trying to locate a three prong extension cord long enough to plug the toilet into a different socket.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Different socket = nothing.