Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Our bathroom sink runs HOT water when it should be cold.

Customer Question
Customer: ***** *****, our bathroom...
Customer: ***** *****, our bathroom sink runs HOT water when it should be cold. This has been going on for weeks. Recently the shower now alternates between HOT and COLD water. hmmmm???
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We tried to replace the regulator but that didn't help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
12/14/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Sounds like you have a cross over, hot water crossing over to the cold water. This can be caused by a malfunctioning mixing valve, usually in the tub/shower or possibly due to a failed check valve on a hot water return line f your have a recirculation ine on your hot water

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber