Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

I have a ferroli optimax boiler i am getting fault codes 14

Customer Question

hi i have a ferroli optimax boiler i am getting fault codes 14 and f7 i think it could be the flue stat as the flue is cleared.
where is the part located or what does it look like.
Or even a part code.
Thanks
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this. what is the full model number of the boiler?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiOptimal he plus 31 c

this is where the flue sensor is, are you getting an f7 and f14 error code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's giving fault codes f7 and a4 would you think this would be to do with the flue sensor?

i would not think a bad sensor at first, there is a separate fault code for a faulty sensor. that error code is due to too high of a flue temp. what temperature is the boiler set to, what is the return water temperature?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan,
It's set to 55 but on screen it says fh at the moment ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water does get really hot tho then it will bring up code once been running for a while. If I was to run a bath I would need to reset this 2-3 times

ok about how long is the vent pipe? i would also recomend turning it down to 48 and see if that helps it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what is the vent pipe I know a little about plumbing no expert ?

the exhaust pipe where the flue gases come out. how long is it from the boiler to outside termination did you check to make sure there are no obstructions in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah Iv checked for obstructions all clear it must be 350mm long goes through 250mm wall and sticks out 100mm.
I will try turning it down tomorrow to 48 and I may just order the stat as i assume it won't be exspensive , you wouldn't know the part number would you?

this is the part number i found for the sensor. 39810340 if you have any more questions please let me know. if not i would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars and thank you for using just answer.

If you don't have any more questions I would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm going to try this over the weekend will be in touch.
Thanks