Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Rheem RTG 95DVN installed. Been installed about 4

Customer Question

I have a Rheem RTG 95DVN installed. Been installed about 4 years or so. It has suddenly started throwing Error 13 codes about 5 minutes into someone's shower. I can turn off the water and turn the unit off and then back on at the keypad and get another 5 minutes. After some online research, I checked the air intake and discharge to verify there weren't any obstructions. While literature suggests the Oxygen Depletion Sensor may be faulty...I have even seen a flow chart online to check voltages across some connections to verify it's the ODS (and I haven't gone that far)...I'm suspicious that the ODP is the issue. This issue had presented itself briefly in the past and I somehow think it is related to temperature/humidity changes in the air. This just started when our temperatures went below freezing recently. Any insights? Am I crazy?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. first lets start with how old is the heater and do you have any chemicals or other fluids stored in the same room as the heater?