Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My wife took a bath and the Kohler drain plug assembly

Customer Question
worked.. When she went to...
my wife took a bath and the Kohler drain plug assembly worked.. When she went to drain the water would not drain. I removed the overflow plate and carefully pulled up the linkage.. The plastic plunger was attached as I have seen in drawings but the water will not drain. Took a shower this morning draining was no problem. Ideas to check?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
11/8/2015
Plumber: Jed Noble,
 replied 2 years ago
Jed Noble

Hello my name is***** am a plumbing contractor and taught plumbing theory at UNM for 5 years. The first thing to check for after the drain plug is for hair in the P-trap. This can sometimes be done by putting a metal coat hanger with a hook Bent into the end down the over flow hole after removing the over flow plate and linkage. Try pushing the hanger in as far as possible then pushing and pulling on the hanger to catch up the hair then pull it out slowly. If this doesn't work you may want to purchase a small hand operated sewer snake.

One thing to think about is if all of the rest of the house are draining well or if any other fixtures are running slow, this could indicate a larger back up.

Plumber: Jed Noble,
 replied 2 years ago

If you need anything else let me know?

Jed Noble
Jed Noble
Jed Noble