Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have air trapped in my baseboard hot water pipes...

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
10/30/2015
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, first lets look for tiny air bleed valves that might be fit into the 3/4" tubing at the end of the base boards. Let me know what you find.

Next I need several long distance pictures taken from opposite angles of the boiler header piping that sends water to each of the baseboard zones... you will need to open the boiler water feed valve manually in some cases before opening the spigot on the return line will blow out the air.

You can attach the photo by using the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar or the 'add files' link to the left of your 'send' button.

We can go from there.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I don't have a camera to take pictures...can I talk to you?

The site charges for phone calls since it complicates their quality monitoring program...you have the option of accepting or not, we can continue if you do not accept in this dialog box.

Is this on top of the $32 I was already charged?

Yes

That is still $100 less than a service call however.

If you can tell me if the boiler water pressure gauge valve is on and if it changes pressure when you open the return line spigot, that will help... if the pressure drops and stays there, then that is the problem, you will have to manually open the boiler water feed valve or bypass the pressure regulator depending on what you have.

Let me know, we can go from there.

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber