How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 21387
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My commode is leaking water continuously. I can't find

Customer Question

My commode is leaking water continuously. I can't find from where
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.
Is it leaking on the floor or inside the toilet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the floor
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, wipe off the bottom of the tank and the bowl. And check if any water shows on the toilet. If it does follow the water back to the highest point on the toilet that's not wet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, it will take me a little bit. Thank u for your help.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Let me know what you find or if you have any more questions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the bolt like thing under the left side of the tank
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the bolt looks rusty (inside the tank) turn the water off to the tank and do not turn the water back on to the toilet until you replace the bolts. The bolts could fail altogether (if they're rusty) and flood the bathroom. To fix this you need to turn the water off to the tank. Then flush the toilet. Then sponge out the water that's left behind in the tank. You can usually buy a kit with brass bolts (must be brass not brass plated) and a new tank to bowl gasket.

Related Plumbing Questions