Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Cannot get richmond water heater out of vacation mode

Customer Question

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you adjust the water temp with 2 arrows (not a dial) on the gas valve? If so what other LED's are lit besides vacation?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 arrows... I believe the low and medium lights E on
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

I need you to be more specific. Left to right which LED's are lit. This is an error message and will/should point to the problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's as good as it gets... I am not there now.. It is not the hot light. I believe I am accurate
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I'll assume you mean vacation and the A&B lights. This is a generic failed ignition error. If the gas was off for a month there could be air in the line and cycling the power off waiting a minute then back on will reboot the heater. If there's air in the line doing this several time should solve the problem. Beyond that you need to be there to trouble shoot this further.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Have done that a few times.. Will try again and contact later when home
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.

I'm online until ~7 pm EDT. I do take breaks