Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

We have three Celice Two handled Centerset Lavatory Faucets

Customer Question

We have three Celice Two handled Centerset Lavatory Faucets in our two bathrooms. They are Venetian Bronze, part 2570SLF. They are two and half years old (sorry no receipt).
All of them screech loudly when turned on, very annoying. We have been unable to determine why. We have used plumbers grease on them,tightened the set screw, checked the cartridges, but nothing seems to fix it. Your advice?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years I will be glad to help you today. Bear with me, I am typing out the answer now.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

So the reason for the screeching is a little bit of an installation issue. There is the handles and bonnets and the rough valve bodies or stems. First the valve stems are installed. They have a nut and washer on the bottom and nut and washer on the top. The height of the valve stem is adjustable to accommodate different counter top thicknesses. The height of the valve stem is a little low so the bonnet of the handle is scraping against the base plate of the handle. Hold the handle and turn the base of the handle to unscrew it from the valve stem. Once you remove this then loosen the nut underneath the valve stem under the cabinet and then tighten the top nut to make the stem a little taller. I am not sure about the measurement but I think it has to be 2 1/8" tall. That is from the counter top to the top of the stem.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I would like to assume that the information was helpful but would very much like some confirmation from you.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful or is there any clarification needed?