Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a ruud water heater pe2-52-2. It appears like it

Customer Question
I have a ruud water...
I have a ruud water heater pe2-52-2. It appears like it keeps blowing the breaker that it is on. Any way to trouble shoot the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
9/27/2015
Plumber: Noah Klein,
 replied 2 years ago
Noah Klein

90% the issue is with the heating element which can be replaced

5% issue is with internal breaker or electrical panel

5% issue is a wiring short

Plumber: Noah Klein,
 replied 2 years ago

Unless this is a brand new heater it almost certainly one of the two heating elements. You can check this with a voltmeter using the ohm setting. The owners manual of the water heater should give you the proper ohm setting for the heating element. If it is out of wack that is the problem.

You can order replacement heating elements online or at any plumbing supply, however, most of the time when the heating element goes, it is an indication that the water heater is approaching the end of it's useful life.

Plumber: Noah Klein,
 replied 2 years ago

http://waterheatertimer.org/How-to-test-water-heater-element.html

Here is a page showing hot to test your heating element with a voltmeter.

I hope I have answered your question. I you are satisfied, please leave a positive review. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Noah Klein
Noah Klein
Noah Klein