Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My daughter flushed my wedding rings down the toilet

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2015
Plumber: Nick, Plumber replied 2 years ago
Nick
Nick, Plumber

Hi my name is***** to hear this, that's got to be a horrible feeling. The only thing I can suggest is to not flush the toilet anymore or run any water from any fixture that might be connected to the same line. If you are lucky it can still be in the line somewhere before it goes too far and out of reach. You will need to call a plumber with a camera snake. He will be able to run down the line and spot them and then locate them with the sonar detector them cut into the line where they are and grab them. The only thing that would complicate this is if you are in a slab and your waste line is under concrete. Then concrete would need to be broken up to get to them.

How expensive is this usually?

I honestly couldn't tell you how much. My company doesn't usually do service calls being a commercial new plumbing company. We have to equipment to do this but don't know how much a residential service plumber would charge. I know just to show up to the house it cost about $50 to $65. Then using the camera and locator and cutting into the line can either hourly which might be around $50 and hour or they might have flat rate for certain things. Your best bet would be to call and explain your situation and whatever info on your house and plumbing you can give them and ask for a rough estimate before they come out to determine if it is the route you want to go

A rough guess would be anywhere from 200 to 300 give or take but that's just a guess

Thank you don't know how many times it was flushed before I realized so don't know if there is a chance it's even there:(

There's a really good chance they made there way down to the main sewer then unless they wedged themselves into a gap on a joint are just sitting there. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore assistance with this.

Please don't forget to rate my service once you are satisfied with the answer to your question. Thanks

Nick
Nick
Nick, Plumber