Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I'm trying to remove my old faucet because it's leaking. The

Customer Question
I'm trying to remove my...
I'm trying to remove my old faucet because it's leaking. The problem is, there's a copper nut that's u-shaped. There's three pipes that come down through the u-shape. The copper nut threads on to the extendable hose and I can't get the u shaped nut off because the pipes are in the way. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
9/20/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

I think I know the connection you refer too. These faucets usually came with a deep socket for the install. Can you post a picture of this? then I'll have a better idea what you're up against.

You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Not what I expected. Pull the hose out and see if there's someplace on/inside that threaded piece to grab it and back it out.

Not that I can find

The only way I can see this coming off is to back off that threaded nipple (short of cutting the faucet off). There isn't enough room to spin that brass piece even if the supply tubing wasn't in the way. On every other faucet of this type that I've encountered that U shaped piece is not threaded and there is a separate nut below it to make it tight

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor