How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 21359
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to remove my old faucet because it's leaking. The

Customer Question

I'm trying to remove my old faucet because it's leaking. The problem is, there's a copper nut that's u-shaped. There's three pipes that come down through the u-shape. The copper nut threads on to the extendable hose and I can't get the u shaped nut off because the pipes are in the way. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

I think I know the connection you refer too. These faucets usually came with a deep socket for the install. Can you post a picture of this? then I'll have a better idea what you're up against.

You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's a picture.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Not what I expected. Pull the hose out and see if there's someplace on/inside that threaded piece to grab it and back it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I can find
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The only way I can see this coming off is to back off that threaded nipple (short of cutting the faucet off). There isn't enough room to spin that brass piece even if the supply tubing wasn't in the way. On every other faucet of this type that I've encountered that U shaped piece is not threaded and there is a separate nut below it to make it tight