Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

We have a sprinkler system and the water is OK but the timer

Customer Question
is not turning on the...
We have a sprinkler system and the water is OK but the timer is not turning on the system. The time appears to be working.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/19/2015
Plumber: The Pump Doctor, Pump Repairman replied 2 years ago
The Pump Doctor
The Pump Doctor, Pump Repairman
You can turn it on manually?
No
It stRts the timer but does not engage the system
Does your system use your house water or do you have a pump. If you can't start it manually, and you're on your house's water system, you could have a bad timer, valves, or wiring to the valves. If you can't start any of the zones manually, it's probably the timer itself.
If you have a pump, there's a few more things it could be. The pump itself, power supply to the pump, pump start relay, and everything I mentioned earlier.
It is on the house system
If you have a multimeter, you can turn on each zone and check to see if there's power running to the valves. If there's no power at the timer going to the zone valves, you probably have a bad timer.
We don't have a multimeter. It can get one thanks
That was I can get one!
No problem :)
The Pump Doctor
The Pump Doctor
The Pump Doctor, Pump Repairman