Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My new well pump is not working. I am reading about possible

Customer Question
My new well pump is...
My new well pump is not working. I am reading about possible remedies, figuring out what is wrong. The well is not too deep, but a lack of water should nt be the issue. While checking on it, I found that every faucet at the brn was wide open including the one t the water trough. Have turned them all off and am waiting to see if that allows the tank to fill up again.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/15/2015
Plumber: Hauserplb, Plumber replied 2 years ago
Hauserplb
Hauserplb, Plumber

Is it a jet pump, or a submersible?

It's submersible. this is a girl you are talking to so speak s-l-o-w-l-y I'm not helpless but I am somewhat inexperienced.
I have been charged, but I do not have an answer

sorry about that, we'll get you staraightened out. So did the tank ever fill up?

I actually don't know if it filled up; if it did, it is not releasing the water. But I suspect not. I did not hear any of the usual noises and the tank does not feel cool enough to have water. I have walked around and do not see any sign of a leak anywhere.

Ok, do you have any way to determine if the power is running to the pump?

I turn the pump on & off at the breaker box. I am going out there now & will plug in a light in the plug right under the breaker. That might be my best way to determine. Will report back
The power appears to be on. The plug leading from box works. I've never had a problem with the power.
do you have an electrical tester? You need to be able to test the pressure switch and the continuity of the pump.
I do not. But I will get one & report back. I know what you are talking about. Thank you

Did you get the eletrical tester?

I have worked late every night this week so far. My neighbor has one & he said he would come over & test for me, but has not. If he has not done so by Saturday, I will purchase a tester and try myself. Will report back
Hauserplb
Hauserplb
Hauserplb, Plumber