Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

We get a high pitched whining sound when we fluch the toilet

Customer Question
or run water and turn...
We get a high pitched whining sound when we fluch the toilet or run water and turn it off.
Is there anyway to stop the "whining"?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
7/26/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
The 2 most likely culprits are a failing fill valve (the device that controls the water level in the tank) in the toilet or a backflow preventer on an outside faucet. The first thing to try is to disconnect any hoses from the outside faucets and see if the noise stops. If that doesn't work then you might want to replace the fill valve in the toilet tank. A FluidMaster fill valve is a good option and they are widely available. There are a few other possibilities but these 2 are the most common.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'll post an additional services offer. There is an additional charge for a phone call
Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor