How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 21765
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently had a Fleck 5600sxt water softener installed but

Customer Question

I recently had a Fleck 5600sxt water softener installed but the flex tubing was connected incorrectly and I need to redo it. Plumber who installed is "unavailable". My question is....I know I need to turn off water supply to house.....but do I also need
to turn off bypass valves? Also, by removing the flex tubing am I going to break any plumbing glue or tape that I need to have on hand in order to replace. Finally, are there any other problems I should anticipate....Thank you. Karen
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what you mean by flex tubing. Are you talking about PEX water lines? the backwash drain? If you aren't sure then I need a pictureYou can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the toolbar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like OR and post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get tome. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is the flexible tubing that attaches to the back of the brine tank....there are two of is ouflow....the other for inflow. The dealer said the tubing from output is connected to the wrong pipe inside the is the inflow....they need to be reversed. I don't think this is a difficult job but I just want to be certain I have everything off that needs to be off before I remove them. To post a picture will be difficult.....the above is how it was explained to be by distributor.....if it isn't making sense, however, that's fine.....thank you anyway.....Karen
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
The tubing to the brine tank is connected to the fleck head not the household water piping. The other tube is just an overflow in case the tank overfills. You don't need to turn anything off since water only flows into the brine tank during the backwash cycle. What the dealer said doesn't make any sense if I'm understanding you correctly. So I'm wondering if this isn't about something else. If you're sure what to do then to be safe just shut the water main off and open a faucet to relive the pressure on the piping then turn the faucet back off
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's not how the tank is hook up on this apparently we are missing.....will try elsewhere
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.