Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a cabin that is 2 years old. The hot water line under

Customer Question
the cabin burst last winter...
I have a cabin that is 2 years old. The hot water line under the cabin burst last winter. I replaced the lines and installed a drain so it wouldn't happen again, but the shower head won't work. The water will barely come out. Do you think a part in the valve messed up? There is water running to the toilet and sink in the bathroom and there are no leaks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
7/8/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
How many handles does the shower valve have? 1? 2? I assume since this cabin is so new that there is no galvanized piping?
1 circular handle
cpvc
Ok, you need to turn off the water then pull the cartridge out of the valve then turn the hot water back on and see if you have good flow. This is best done with 2 people. 1 to turn the water on & off the other to make sure the water stays in the shower. If you have good flow put it back together and try it again. If you still have a problem you'll have to replace the cartridge.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm sorry I would like to cancel the phone request
Ok, do you have any more questions?
Do you normally reach the cartridge from the front behind the handle?
Yes, you have to remove the handle, sometimes the trim plate to get to the cartridge. There's usually a hex or bonnet nut (behind the handle)that you have to back off to get the cartridge out. If you can tell me the brand and model of the valve I might be able to be more specific.
Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor