How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marc Your Own Question
Marc, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Marc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I change the transfer fluid in a

Customer Question

How do I change the transfer fluid in a Solahart 300 l-j 1986 vintage solar water heater. I am familiar with the 0686 jacket relief valve and the 1617 fill assembly. The fluid has not been changed since the unit was installed in 1986. The unit is located in the Seattle area and requires polypropalene glycol mix as a freeze guard. Don't know the capacity of the system nor the proportion (amount) of poly to add to the mixture. Since I have no pump I will have use gravity and syphon to affect the transfer. I live at the northern end of the Kitsap Penninsula and service organizations in this area are not fasmiliar with the unit. It has performed quite well for over 30 years without service nad I am very pleased with the unit. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing