How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marc Your Own Question
Marc, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Marc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to move a sink from the end of a new vanity to the middle.

Customer Question

I need to move a sink from the end of a new vanity to the middle. The drain is my problem. How do I make it reach? the connection coming out of the wall is 1 1/2" and the tailpiece on the sink will be 1 1/4" I have pictures if needed. thanks, Ray
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 2 years ago.
You can cut the existing drain and add onto it with a 90, 45, or even a 221/2 degree fitting to direct another short piece of pipe towards your new drain location. Depending on the type of piping coming out of the wall will just depend on HOW you connect the new extended piece(s). If you have PVC existing cutting it and gluing new fittings is easy. If there is Galvanized or copper you just need to find the proper 1 1/2" "no hub" adapter for your existing materials. The change to the smaller sized pop-up assembly (1 1/4") is made via the ferrel and nut connection. (most 1 1/2" P-traps will come with a ferrel that will connect an 1 1/2" P trap onto an 1 1/4" lav drain connection)