Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I need to move a sink from the end of a new vanity to the middle.

Customer Question
The drain is my problem...
I need to move a sink from the end of a new vanity to the middle. The drain is my problem. How do I make it reach? the connection coming out of the wall is 1 1/2" and the tailpiece on the sink will be 1 1/4" I have pictures if needed. thanks, Ray
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/20/2015
Plumber: Plmqwk, Master Plumber replied 2 years ago
Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
You can cut the existing drain and add onto it with a 90, 45, or even a 221/2 degree fitting to direct another short piece of pipe towards your new drain location. Depending on the type of piping coming out of the wall will just depend on HOW you connect the new extended piece(s). If you have PVC existing cutting it and gluing new fittings is easy. If there is Galvanized or copper you just need to find the proper 1 1/2" "no hub" adapter for your existing materials. The change to the smaller sized pop-up assembly (1 1/4") is made via the ferrel and nut connection. (most 1 1/2" P-traps will come with a ferrel that will connect an 1 1/2" P trap onto an 1 1/4" lav drain connection)
Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber