Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Similar problem with recently purchased home that sat

Customer Question
for a year... -well pump -3 1/2...
similar problem with recently purchased home that sat for a year...
-well pump
-3 1/2 bath
-90 psi at pump pressure guage
-cleaned contactors and pressure switch seems fine
-currantly no water heater, waiting for new one to arrive... possible contributing issue??
problem is no pressure (slight trickle) at shower heads only. Good pressure at all sinks, toilets, 5 zone sprinkler system, outside spickets, ... and master bath tub.
-Master Bath is the only stand alone bath tub, and pressure is great!
-kids baths-one shower/tub combo with no pressure at either
-one is walk in shower only with no pressure
I cant find any leaks, and hot water leg is valved off(no heater), so I would expect higher cold water pressure if anything... but maybe not...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/18/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Have you removed the head and turned the water on with the head removed? if so was the flow still poor?
Yes. All new heads. Flow unchanged on all 3
Ok, I just noticed you said the hot water is valved off. Since I'd assume you have single handle tub/shower valves and since all modern valves are pressure balancing, if you have no flow/pressure to the hot side you won't get any flow (or just a trickle) out of these valves. Chances are once you hook up the water heater this is likely to resolve itself
Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor