Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have a Bradford white hot water heater with a vapor sensor…

Customer Question
We have a Bradford white...
We have a Bradford white hot water heater with a vapor sensor on it. After my painters left we cannot reset to have hot water. We know it's the vapor sensor. Just not sure how to make it start making hot water
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 3 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
What is the model number of your unit? Have you thoroughly aired out the space where the water heater is? has it had fresh air (absolutely no fumes) for at least an hour?
M1tw50s6fbn
It's been overnight. I still smell the varnish upstairs but not real syrong
Sorry the smell is not real strong
If you can still smell the varnish in the area where the heater is the sensor is still actively locking out the unit. You must ventilate the area so there is no trace of any odor at all. Then unplug the unit wait a couple minutes then plug it back in. If the lockout persists then you'll need to test the sensor with an ohm meter. Normal range is 3k to 48k ohms. If it's outside that range the sensor will need to be replaced
Thanks will try that
You're welcome