Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

If by cistern you mean cesspool, no it was just pumped yesterday,

Customer Question
and the level is low...
If by cistern you mean cesspool, no it was just pumped yesterday, and the level is low and controlled because we've turned off the water to the toilet, hence no constant flow. If the ballcock in the toilet was letting water by, wouldn't we hear the toilet water tank constantly refilling?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/11/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 3 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help with your issue.
If the ballcock/fillvalve is leaking by no you wouldn't hear any water running because the flow is just a trickle. If it's going over the top of the overflow then you can try adjusting the float to lower the water level. If it still leaks by the best option is to replace the fill valve. We prefer Fluidmaster fill valves. They are widely available and are pretty inexpensive (~$15). They come with good instructions