How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marc Your Own Question
Marc, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1127
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Marc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace cast iron basement floor drain.

Customer Question

I need to replace cast iron basement floor drain.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had basement cast iron drain inspected. The guy said the drain's back flow ball has broken free. I have removed cement around the drain and 4 feet to the main pipe. The clog (probably the back flow ball) is at the connection of the drain pipe and the main drain pipe.I need to clear the blockage and replace the drain pipe. I have done quite a bit of basic plumbing and constriction in the past
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My email is***@******.***. And phone is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I don't hear a question. A few things to start; while there might be a flapper as a back flow device in the horizontal pipe a ball isn't used except perhaps in the drain itself on the vertical out of the trap. Sand and/or debris is a much more likely cause of a stoppage. A phone call is an additional charge. We can usually resolve issues via this interface.