Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I need to replace cast iron basement floor drain.

Customer Question

Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had basement cast iron drain inspected. The guy said the drain's back flow ball has broken free. I have removed cement around the drain and 4 feet to the main pipe. The clog (probably the back flow ball) is at the connection of the drain pipe and the main drain pipe.I need to clear the blockage and replace the drain pipe. I have done quite a bit of basic plumbing and constriction in the past
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My email is***@******.***. And phone is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I don't hear a question. A few things to start; while there might be a flapper as a back flow device in the horizontal pipe a ball isn't used except perhaps in the drain itself on the vertical out of the trap. Sand and/or debris is a much more likely cause of a stoppage. A phone call is an additional charge. We can usually resolve issues via this interface.