Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Zoeller back up sump system. The 10Amp/12 volt charger…

Customer Question
I have a Zoeller back...
I have a Zoeller back up sump system. The 10Amp/12 volt charger unit starts beeping with frequency. It stops for some time after using the reset button but starts again whenever it wants. I replaced the battery yesterday since it was over three years old so I know the battery is not the problem. The charger unit continually displays a non-blinking yellow light as if recharging the battery but I know the battery is charged and the green light never goes on. Is the charger unit bad? I went to a plumbing supply store to try to buy a charger but they only sell the complete kit. Do I need a new charger unit?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/4/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 3 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Yes, it sounds like the problem is with the charger. Try a different supply house. It's true this is generally only available as a package but you should be able to find a supplier who will order you a new charger only.