Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

John, Dishwasher is leaking. Basement ceiling below is ruined.

Customer Question
Hi John, Dishwasher is leaking...
Hi John, Dishwasher is leaking. Basement ceiling below is ruined. Not sure what I should do first.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/2/2015
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 3 years ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today. When you stopped using the dishwasher did the leak stop or did it not stop until you bailed the water? Is the inside of the dishwasher basin stainless steel or white plastic? Is the kitchen sink draining fine?
I was charged $540 by just answer when offered a free "trial" membership and then it was supposed to be $45 when the free trial ends. I don't have a problem paying the $45 (even though it is supposed to be free for 30 days) but I'm certainly not going to pay $540.
I am not really involved in the financials. My job is to offer expert advice. Would you still like to solve your dishwasher issue?
I understand you are not involved with the financial issues but I tried to call "just answer" and its a phone tree. No live person is available. I called a plumber who fixed the dishwasher and drywall repair person to fix the ceiling below the dishwasher. When I used this service, I was only trying to get an idea of what I was dealing with. I appreciate that you responded but it didn't help me and now I have $540 credit card charge from "just answer" that I need to dispute. I should have checked the reputation of this site prior to giving them my financial information but - shame on me - I did not. Please see:
https://computersavvy.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/scam-watch-justanswer-com-is-it-a-scam-or-is-it-just-a-really-bad-investment/
It is easy to find negative information about any site or business. There are plenty of customers that have had excellent experiences with this site. I have been an expert for about 3 years and was a customer before that. No one has scammed you that is for sure. If you would have responded I am sure I could have saved you money by helping you get the information needed to do the repairs yourself if you are quite handy. Of course you will not have a good experience using the site if you never give it a chance. If you would like to actually try the site before forming your own opinion instead of finding random negative information on the internet to form your opinion that is up to you. I will be happy to forward a request for a refund if that is what you would like. I hope that you will use the site and see it for the expert advice that can be provided and also the money that you can save by having an expert to guide you as needed.