How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Smith Your Own Question
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Construction Worker
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 3633
Experience:  30 years experience in construction, City and Guilds qualified.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Andrew Smith is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just had mixer taps installed in my bathroom and

Customer Question

I have just had mixer taps installed in my bathroom and kitchen, by a plumber. Though the hot water pressure was fine when there were individual taps, the hot water pressure in my bathroom is lower, so that the mixer tap needs to be turned almost fully
round to get hot water, but then the pressure is OK. However, in my kitchen, just fitted, the hot water is just a trickle, and only when on full hot water. The plumber is puzzled. My geyser is a 6 year old pressurised geyser, 150 litres, in the roof above
the bathroom. What could be the problem? How do I fix this to get reasonable hot water in my kitchen?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Does you new tap have flexible hoses underneath, or is it copper?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The hoses are flexible.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Did the old ones?
Flexible hoses let less water through them as they are thinner.
They also let less water through if they get twisted.
It may be worth looking underneath and seeing what sort of installation they have done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. The old pipes were not flexible hoses, but the cold water has good pressure, so it probably is not the size of the flexible pipes. The hot one may be twisted and I am waiting for my plumber to come at the weekend, so see what he says about the flexible hoses. I will contact you if he is not able to fix the problem.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
OK, no problem - let me know