Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Rick I have a Combi Boiler c. 12yrs old, regularly serviced every Summer. This morning…

Customer Question
Hi Rick I have a...
Hi Rick I have a Combi Boiler c. 12yrs old, regularly serviced every Summer. This morning whilst I was downstairs making a cup of tea I heard a noise. When I went up I heard water gushing and found my boiler was leaking and all the water was pouring out. I turned the Main Stopcock off but now, 3 hours later there is still quite a fast drip from the LHS of the boiler. I can't find any Tap or Isolator Screw from where I can turn the boer off. What do I do please.
Thanks
Jo
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/25/2015
Plumber: Andrew Smith, Construction Worker replied 3 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Construction Worker
There will be a row of taps under the boiler where the copper pipes attach.
It sounds like the plate heat exchanger has blown, otherwise it would only be central heating water coming out and shutting off the water would not have made any difference.
Do you have the make and model?
Its ok thanks all sorted
Can you tell me how much your response cost please
I think it depends what you put the question up for?