Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have no hot water running in my master bath room and guest

Customer Question

I have no hot water running in my master bath room and guest bath. The cold water is running as normal. I have a
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Do you have hot water elsewhere in the house? no hot water to any fixture in these bathrooms? is your house on a slab?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 2 water heaters. The one in the garage goes to the kitchen and den and it seems to be ok. Yes i am on a slab
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
So you have 1 water heater that exclusively serves the problem bathrooms? If so what is the shape of the handle on the shut off to the heater? how old is the heater? I assume the hot water line runs under the slab?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I have to step away for about an hour. I'll respond when I return
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Floodstop got triggered (low battery or electrical storm?) I think I have it working now but can you tell me if the machine is flashing green (2 lights alternatively) does that mean it is working properly? I do have running hot water again.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I need the brand and model number of your heater
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why? It is not the heater i am talking about it is the floodstop device that stops water floods. See pic beliw
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I thought you were talking about the water heater. Flashing green indicates the unit has power. It's normal operation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, good...thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome