Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We bought a new house over the winter and it has an in ground…

Customer Question
We bought a new house...
We bought a new house over the winter and it has an in ground sprinkler system. We've turned on the water and can hear that it is on, but the sprinkler heads won't come up or on. The panel also has a water drop crossed put in the corner, and it looks like the power source isn't connected in any way to the irrigation control valves. Where should it be attached, or is this not our problem?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Plumbing
5/23/2015
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 3 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
What is the brand and model of the controller? It sound slike you're saying there are no wires running from the controller to the solenoid valves in the yard. Is that correct?
That plug/cord look pretty scary/frayed. Where does it go? I see a piece of conduit out the bottom of the controller so I suspect the wires to the solenoids in the system are. Remove the bottom panel to expose the terminals. It should pull off or slide down/off
That cord isn't frayed close up, it's wrapped around the control to keep it from dangling but it looks in good shape. It goes towards the irrigation control valve but isn't attached, so I was guessing that's the issue? We don't know what it should be attached to but this means the panel can't talk to the valves right?
Sorry I can't get the panel cover off, I'll have to wait for my husband on that one.
Ok
So your system is working now?
Yes thanks
You're welcome