Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor
Experience:  State Licensed Mechanical Contractor
12672042

I am getting a flashing on the control unit of my Noritz N-084M that shows 99. The 99

Customer Question

I am getting a flashing on the control unit of my Noritz N-084M that shows 99.
The 99 is where the temperature usually is. There is also a flashing at the on-off indicator.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
99 is an abnormal flame.
This can be because of gas pressure, dirty burner or flue blockage. Start with the flue first
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Boy, that's not much help.
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry but I have no idea what your skill set or comfort level is.
I am told for information is code 99...that is not a lot to go on sigh unseen.
What is your voltage?
Do you have a proper ground
Do you have the manifold pressure as well as inlet pressure...these are things I check when on site
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a homeowner. Your site appeared to be one to help people such as me. Apparently, you are for professional plumbers. have no idea what any of what you've just asked is. Don't worry about it. It was my error in contacting you in the first place. I'll be more careful in the future.
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
This site is for homeowners but there is quite a span of different capabilities.
Such as explaining the 99 code and what to look for was much less than you were hoping to get. But at the other end the info supplied is too much.
This is a gas burning appliance with electrical supply and potential hot water, thus this is something to approach cautiously.
If we meet more in the middle....are you able to disassemble the unit to check the burner or remove the vent pipe to check blockage?
Are you willing to get inside the unit with direction?