How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 22030
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to tighten my kitchen faucet and cannot get the hydro

Customer Question

Trying to tighten my kitchen faucet and cannot get the hydro lock off to get to the nut to tighten up the faucet Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what you mean by a "hydro lock" please explain? do you have a basin wrench? brand and model of the faucet would be a help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's to the underside of the faucet. The white clips on the adapter need to be in the full open position. Slide the hose into the Hydrolock connector as far as possible then push in the white clip. There will be a distinctive "click" sound. Repeat the process when attaching the Hydrolock connector to the faucet. Be careful to join these fittings as straight as possible.faucet and it has a clip in the goes to the sprayer but to tighten the nut to fasten the faucet have have to get it off
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was supposed to be a picture of what it like and where it attaches. I don't know if it came thru or not
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like you have the manual so I need the brand and model of the faucet. You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like OR https://www.dropbox.comand post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Moen faucet model # ***** no paper instuction just from internet
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Specs I see for this model show it as having a base plate for a 3 hole sink. The nuts that tighten the faucet down are nowhere near the hoses in the center of the faucet. Or is this a 1 hole install/config
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes one hole install
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
single handle model with sprayer in another hole on sink
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but to connect sprayer you have to attach the water connection to the center hole so you can divert the water to sprayer when sprayer is needed
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I don't see a 1 hole option for the model number you gave me. But since it's a Moen and it's pretty new (is it?) I can probably figure out the connection you have if you can't post a pic. Since it's apparently not the model you list can you describe it for me? single lever faucet body with spout and just a side spray or separate spout & handle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay Thanks for you help
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. We can keep at this if you like