How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 22008
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking to install a Rinnai RUR98i in my new construction

Customer Question

I'm looking to install a Rinnai RUR98i in my new construction home, what do I need to additionally purchase
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help with your issue.

I'm not sure what you're looking for. You can vent this unit with PVC (most cost effective choice) and standard PVC fittings. If you are going to sidewall vent this and you want a neater appearance than 2 3 or 4" pipes coming out the side of the house then you'll have to use an approved termination fitting (speced in the manual). Aside from that gas and water piping of course, also generic. The unit needs power so you'll need an outlet nearby. Here is a link to the install manual so you can look it over.