How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hauserplb Your Own Question
Hauserplb, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 340
Experience:  Over 20 years experience. Third generation
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Hauserplb is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Kohler K-682-K Digital Valve. The overhead body sprays

Customer Question

I have a Kohler K-682-K Digital Valve. The overhead body sprays do not work. All other body sprays and the 2 shower heads work. I took the front off all 4 overhead body spray tiles and they were extremely corroded with rust. Having the front of the tile removed doesnt fix the issue so it appears there is no water getting to these heads. The are connected to port 6 on the valve. Can one port go bad?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely one can go bad, if you see alot of build up, I think you know the answer to the issue. I've been able to clear these problems in the past by completely disassembling the valve, and blowing it out backwards with high pressure air. This is not a guarantee but it has worked for me in the past.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can one port be fixed or would the whole thing need to be replaced? I wouldnt do that due to cost and the fact that the rest work right now but if a single port could be replaced it might make sense.

I havent opened the valve up but to do what you suggest I assume it would just removing the screws, take the cover off and dig in?

Expert:  Hauserplb replied 2 years ago.
No you cannot replace one port, it is a integrated unit, which is why i suggested using compressed air to blow it out. If that is not possible then you will just have to be without it until you decide to replace it.