Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

My son is considering going to a commercial plumbing trade

Customer Question
school in nyc...Berks trade... Is this...
My son is considering going to a commercial plumbing trade school in nyc...Berks trade...
Is this a successful way to get into the plumbing field? What is the best way to make a career as a plumber? Is it financially lucrative and stable work?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Plumbing
7/2/2013
Plumber: Nick, Plumber replied 4 years ago
Nick
Nick, Plumber

Nick :

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you resolve your problem. Feel free to ask any questions to better help you.

Nick :

hi how are you today?

Nick :

The way ive seen the most people get into including myself is by finding a plumbing company willing to hire and send him to school, its cheaper for you and will teach him more and faster since he will also get hands on training.

Nick :

depending on the company and the area and the type of plumbing the work can be very steady and the compensation can be pretty decent as well.

Nick :

commercial is probably the best paid from what ive seen, but service can have the most work if working in a big city area. hope this is helpful. if i have answered your question to your satisfaction then please rate my service and/or you can still ask mosr questions.

Is he more likely to get a plumbing job if he already has the trade school certificate though?
it can go either way really. the best part of going straight to the plumbing co. is not having to pay for schooling. even after having the schooling you take the chance of finding a job or not still. on the other hand having the schooling will start him at better pay but he wont be paid as he is schooling
Nick
Nick, Plumber
Thanks Nick!
Any tips on how to help him get a plumbing job? What is the easiest foot in the door?
I would walk into every plumbing company office and try to talk to the manager or supervisor and explain why he wants to be a plumber and why he should give him a chance and they were willing to sponsor him. This is the best way to get into a company. If he has no luck there then he can always go to school and get that done. If he leaves a good enough impression with the supervisors then he may have a good chance finding a job once he's done. He should be buy a plumbing code book and read it as he is looking around to get a little familiar with it.
Nick
Nick, Plumber
Thanks nick!if you hear of anything in nyc let us know!!
Nick
Nick
Nick, Plumber