Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Hi. Im trying to purchase an old house built in 1930 that

Hi.

I'm trying to purchase an old house built in 1930 that has been condemned by the city.
According to the city inspector at the time (no longer works with the city). Property was unsafe to live in.

I do remodel work for living and after looking at the property it does not seem unsafe, however it was very dirty and needs lots of cosmetic work.

I spoke with the new City Building inspector and mentioned it needs to be up to code on plumbing, electrical and framing. (He has not even seen the property).

To what extend the plumbing has to be redone?? Or consider unsafe??

Thank you

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help with your issue

You would have to give me a lot more info on the condition of the plumbing before I could answer this question. It would also help to know where this property is

Rick :

Also number of bathrooms

Customer:

Property located in Burnet TX.

Customer:

Plumbing conditions are unknown to my knowledge... I'm meeting with building inspector and would like to know ahead of time what is consider unsafe..

Customer:

Thank you

Rick :

I'm sorry but your question is too vague. There are hundreds of things that could be considered unsafe. Your best approach is to check out the property and see what the inspector wants.

Customer:

thank you