Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Good Afternoon, My Culligan Gold Series Water Softener purchased

Good Afternoon, My Culligan Gold Series Water Softener purchased in 2008 is showing the message "1H". I have pressed and held the "Program" key for 10 seconds, cleared it, and the message with its little beep comes back. Is there something I can do to clear this message (via fixing it myself), or is this a tech call?
Have you ever cleaned it? Remove the salt etc?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't recently. I Are you suspecting maybe a "salt" bridge? ,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
, I haven't recently. I Are you suspecting maybe a "salt" bridge? ,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you want me to remove all the salt from the tank? Is that what you mean by "cleaning it"? , I haven't recently. I Are you suspecting maybe a "salt" bridge? And then are you asking me to remove the salt from the tank? I have done so and the message cleared for a bit and now it's back. ,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you want me to remove all the salt from the tank? Is that what you mean by "cleaning it"? If, I did that and the message returned. , I haven't recently. I Are you suspecting maybe a "salt" bridge? And then are you asking me to remove the salt from the tank? I have done so and the message cleared for a bit and now it's back. ,
was there salt you had to break up? sorry i took so long to respond i was in between computers. i was looking at the error codes and there could be a problem with the controller itself but i am not ready to jump to that conclusion yet. now that you have it emptied was there salt in chunks you had to remove and have to manually regenerated? see if after a manual regeneration if that doesn't clear things up or if you have done so already let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will now try the manual regeneration...thank you
I couldn't find that error code specifically in the manual. I called my friend who works on softeners and he have me some bad news. The internal cam is stuck for some reason. The internal components will remain out of position when they jam and will require a tech to repair. The timing of the unit, cam and motor are out of sync so you'll need a trained technician. You will have to bypass the softener for water. Culligan service is 18667750260 they open at 8am not sure what time zone. Sorry.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you for going the extra mile on helping me. and thank you for your excellent service.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so very very much! Mr. Culligan Man is on his way tomorrow morning! Appreciate your excellent service and going the extra mile via calling your water softener friend to help solve the problem!!!!!!

No problem. After you accept my answer you can still post here if there is anything else I can help with. Thank you. Mike