Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a A.O. SMITH Power House Power Shot water heater that

Customer Question
is no working correctly....
I have a A.O. SMITH Power House Power Shot water heater that is no working correctly. The blower keeps coming on & then turns off and even after I reset the temp control is lights up the vacation (warm) end & 2 other heat levels. It does have some hot water in it but it runs out pretty quick.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Plumbing
1/4/2012
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 5 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Rick the plumber :

Welcome to Just Answer, I will do my best to help you solve your problem

Rick the plumber :

Which LEDs are lit? how do you adjust the water temp on the gas valve, a dial or 2 arrows?

JACUSTOMER-gh95vlx4- :

the leds that are lit are the "vacation" warm setting to the far left & 2 of the warmer ones. To adjust i turn the blower to the off position then turn it back on then hold the two arrows at the same time. without turning the blower off, it won't reset. then after a few minutes it just goes back to the 3 lit temps again.

Rick the plumber :

I need to know specifically which of the "warmer" ones are lit

JACUSTOMER-gh95vlx4- :

specifically, A & B

Rick the plumber :

this error code indicates a flame failure

Rick the plumber :

the heater has locked out due to a failed ignition attempt

JACUSTOMER-gh95vlx4- :

that does seem correct because after I reset it sounds like the flame kicks in but then when the 3 lights come on it's just the blower that makes noise...I guess I need to call a plumber. What will he want to do?

Rick the plumber :

You can try to reset it by unplugging it wait a minute then plug it back in

Rick the plumber :

if the problem persists you will have to call a plumber

Rick the plumber :

The plumber will have to do some trouble shooting to determine the cause of the failure

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor