How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plmqwk Your Own Question
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 920
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Plmqwk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a Kohler Fairfax Pull-out Spray Kitchen Faucet (K-12177)

Resolved Question:

We have a Kohler Fairfax Pull-out Spray Kitchen Faucet (K-12177) that has developed a slow but steady leak from under the escutcheon (10001193) and also down one of the flexible hoses causing to to pool under the sink. Otherwise the faucet works perfectly. How do we disassemble the faucet to find where the leak is and what parts should we order from Kohler to repair this? We have both the service parts and installation guide but neither has any real help on how to diagnose this problem or how to fix it!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

If your faucet is in fact leaking around the base of the faucet O-ring number(NNN) NNN-NNNN1000949, and(NNN) NNN-NNNNwill need to be replaced. But if you also have water under your sink I suspect the handheld spray portion may be leaking as well and in need of replacement entirely. To access the formentioned O-ring you need to pry off the white handle cap with a small pointy object (end of Knife or a sort of pic) then remove the screw and take off the handle. Next (after shutting off the water to the faucet you mustdisconnect the sprayer hose under the sink and remove the weight attached. then pull the sprayer unit all the way out of the faucet. Under the handle you remove part number 78064 by unthreading it and then the faucet base should pull up to access all the parts in need of replacement. Now I recommend calling kohler directly to order your parts and speak with them about any other parts they recommend you get as well. They ship directly to you at no charge for parts.

Plmqwk and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you