Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a Fasco Ind.motor div.#702110548 type U218 (rpm300--v115)auto

Customer Question
air blower that is installed...
I have a Fasco Ind.motor div.#702110548 type U218 (rpm300--v115)auto air blower that is installed in the top of a 40 gal.gas hot water made by State Industries Inc.Model #SPR640.
About 2 weeks ago the Fasco air blower started working in a continuos mode rather than automatic.
I certainly would appreciate suggestions. My email is [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/30/2011
Plumber: Marc, Plumber replied 6 years ago
Marc
Marc, Plumber
Hello and thank you for using JA.com, I will assist you today with your question. Please accept the answer upon completion of the Q&A process.
The blower assembly continuously blowing typically results In The unit faulting and not firing to produce hot water. Most likely caused by the proving switch also located on the blower assembly. It tells the unit that the blower is exhausting properly. The switch, typically on the right hand side of the blower is usually round, has a 1/4tube going into it. You can try unplugging the water heater and resetting it first, if this does not work the. Unplugg the switch and attempt to jump it out. Typically the switch is the culprit. It may need to be replaced but jumping the switch will tell you for sure. You can also unplug the tube from the vent (leave attached to the switch) and suck on it to create a vacuum. It should click on and off. Your unit should fire while a vacuum is pulled.
One last item to check is the vent to make sure it is clear.
Marc
Marc, Plumber
If I can further assist you with this question please feel free to respond.

If you are completed with this question please click on the accept button to close the question.

Thank you and have a great day!!
Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber