How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SF Plumber Your Own Question
SF Plumber
SF Plumber, Plumbing Contractor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 225
Experience:  20 years licensed plumbing contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
SF Plumber is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to repair a leaking Grohe kitchen faucet. The

Customer Question

I am trying to repair a leaking Grohe kitchen faucet. The closest model I can find to what I've got is a Grohe 31 074 001 "Classic" Two-Handle Kitchen Faucet. I can't figure out how to get the faucet handle off. Also, would it be a cartridge or compression faucet?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  SF Plumber replied 6 years ago.

SF Plumber :

Hi, I will try to help you fix your problem. The two handle "classic" line has handles that snap onto plastic pieces that are attached to the stem, you have to grab the handle firmly and give it a good pull.

SF Plumber :

I have not worked on one of these for a while but I believe that you need to replace the stems when they leak. You take the handle off and then unscrew the stem with a crescent wrench