How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plmqwk Your Own Question
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 920
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Plmqwk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an outside faucet that is leaking from the top....I

Resolved Question:

I have an outside faucet that is leaking from the top....I believe it is the pressure relief valve...What can I do to correct without replacing the entire faucet. Mary
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).


The part your refering to is called a "vacuum breaker". I recommend removing these parts again and bringing them to your local home improvement store and match up a replacement kit. If they cannot help you try a local plumbing shop or hardware store. they should sell you what you need. the replacing of them is easy. these get old and can become worn and distorted over time and not properly seal, but are completely replacable without installing a whole new faucet.

Plmqwk and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you