Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
47536969

My toilet was clogged and backing up into my bathtub. I tried

My toilet was clogged and backing up into my bathtub. I tried using a plunger and that did not work. I put draino into the tub to try to get that to go down as well as I tried plunging the tub. As I plunged the toilet water was coming out of the sides. Then the water started to leak into the bathroom downstairs and water starting flooding the floor in the laundry room next to the bathroom downstairs. Help, I dont know what to do now?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).

Your blockage is not isolated to one fixture. You have a main sewer line blockage. This will require calling a drain cleaning company or plumber to come out and rod out (snake) your sewer line with large equipment. This can be a very messy project. Best left to professionals.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is a typical price for this kind of thing?
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 6 years ago.
In my area they typically charge $150 for the first hour and less per hour 80-100 after that. I recommend finding a drain cleaning company like "roto-rooter". They charge less than plumbers and have the same amount of experience for what they do.