Todd
Todd, Plumber
Experience:  Union Plumber 28 years of service work, and new homes.
25342425

I have sewer water that is coming up from my basement drain.

I have sewer water that is coming up from my basement drain. My plumber tried to clear the line out by using water pressure but that did not work. He then used a snake to try to clear out the problem. He went out into the main sewer line for about 50 feet but could not find any find any blockage. I then called the local city water authority to find out if the problem was in the main sewer line. The flushed some green colored water through their line but the water went through their with no problem. Based on this information, what else could be causing the sewer water to back up into my basement?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Todd replied 6 years ago.
If the sewer is backing up in your home and the city sewer is not plugged. There is nothing else that could be wrong except for your line from the house to the city sewer is still plugged. A average sewer line is more than 50 foot long, is your plumber sure he made it all the way to the city sewer with his cable.
Expert:  Todd replied 6 years ago.
Make sure that the plumber or drain cleaning company that comes out has at least 100 foot of large cable ( 5/8 or 3/4 ) in size, with at least a 3" cutter blade. Thank you for using Just Answer.