Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

got a bathtub shower fixture. the valve isnt bad just the

Customer Question
got a bathtub shower fixture...
got a bathtub shower fixture. the valve isn't bad just the plastic knob is cracked. The part number on the part that goes into the valve is 73716-aa any help on a replacement part, instead of buying a complete valve? Can I buy just a cheap kohler valve and replace the plastic pieces the handle attaches too?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Plumbing
11/7/2010
Plumber: Plumbing Pro, Plumber replied 7 years ago
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
Anytime you need to order just a part and not the hole thing you will need to contact the manufacture of the product, they then can ship you just the parts you need direct, if this is a new valve then depending on the manufacture they will send you the part for free. What bran valve is it?
the brand is kohler. i looked on kohler's website and they did not have a part number on file

Call the KOHLER Customer Care Center at
Phone: 1-800-4KOHLER (1-800-456-4537)
Hours: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Central Time) Monday to Friday

You wont see it on their web site you will need to talk to a rep and give them the model number then they can send you a email of the parts break down page with the correct parts number then you can have them ship you the parts that you need.

since the fixture is used is that the only model number on the fixture or is there another one somewhere else? I already had kohler's number. Where else are model numbers located? If it's on the valve then I have no way to look at it unless I tear out rock.

Yes that is correct , but if you are on the phone with a rep , they can have you look at several pictures and based off the pictures they can match up what model you have.

Since you don't have the box it came in nor can you see behind the wall this is the best that you can do .

that has to be the model number, the other shower at my house had a crap in the cpvc in the cold water line, and I looked at the valve and there was no numbers on it except a type p 016 does that mean anything?

That is something that you will need to talk with a Kohler rep with , they are the only people that can resolve this problem for you , they might tell you they cant do anything for you and you will be out of luck but they are the first place to start.

Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber