Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

why does water spray out of toilet during flushing

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2010
Plumber: Plumbing Pro, Plumber replied 7 years ago
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber

Hi, and Welcome to Just Answer. My name isXXXXX will do my best to answer your question to the best of my professional ability.

where is the water spraying out from? the bowel or the tank?

Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
the bowl - it is like a small fountain
where is my answer
there are to holes on the bottom of the bowl, one is bigger and thats where the waste goes down to the sewer and the smaller one pushes water down the bigger one to give the toilet some flushing power, over time the small hole will get some build up over the hole and cause this problem, a good pipe cleaner should do the job and clean the small hole out the best you can .
I scrubbed the holes with a scrub brush and old toothbrush using ammonia. A lot of debris came out of the holes but the problem is not fixed.
then there is still build up inside the holes and a wire pipe cleaner should be used, also you will have to soak the toilet bowl over night with a toilet bowl cleaner. In some cases you cant clean out everything due to the fact there is no access, and in some cases the only way to fix the problem is to replace the toilet. Also if you lift the lid off the toilet tank and put some cleaner inside the tank this will also help.
I will try your suggestions
I tried your suggestions but the water is still spraying upward from the large hole in the toilet. Guess I have to call in a plumber.
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber