Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Moen Aberdeen Kitchen pull-down faucet cartridge replacement

Customer Question
: I got the...
Moen Aberdeen Kitchen pull-down faucet cartridge replacement : I got the cap off the handle but the alen screw will not come unscrewed to get the handle off. I can see the big hub screw under the handle. Should I try to drill it out?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Plumbing
9/6/2010
Plumber: Plmqwk, Master Plumber replied 7 years ago
Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber

www.moen.com/shared/pdf/7590cpt.pdf

If you are able to remove the screw from up top the handle should come off so that you can replace your cartridge. You made have some difficulty removing it like this and also replacing it properly if you do get it off. The handle will seem loose. If you can get it off maybe some (WD-40) to loosen it will work. Also FYI 1-800-BUY-MOEN and you can order replacement parts from them for FREE!!!

Edited by Plmqwk on 9/6/2010 at 2:50 PM EST
nevermind the first question. I just got it out. Now the allen screw is stiipped and I dont want to use it again. Where should I look to get a new one...do I have to buy the entire Handle Kit just to get the one screw...I don't think the screw bins at the HD or Lowes is going to have a match...do you?

Glad you got it out! The link I sent should take care of your other questions. As for the hardward store, yea there is a chance they can match it up but it won't take to long for the parts from moen for free either.

Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Plmqwk
Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber