How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plmqwk Your Own Question
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 920
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Plmqwk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2 handle peerless kitchen faucet with a gooseneck

Resolved Question:

I have a 2 handle peerless kitchen faucet with a gooseneck spout, I need to replace the leaking cartridges. The handles have a hole on the side but it does NOT take an alan wrench. Nothing comes off the top of the handle to reveal a screw. It is one solid piece with only the hole on the side. There must be a trick to get the handles off - any ideas?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 7 years ago.

Is the handle attached to a short stem coming vertically out of a dome or cone shaped escution? Or..... is the handle flush against this dome or cone shaped piece? Model Number of faucet if available.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
cone shaped escution- I'm sorry I don't have the model no.
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 7 years ago.

Holding on to the handle with one hand, attempt to unscrew the escutcheon itself counterclockwise. let me know if that gets it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you mean to turn the handle counterclockwise past the stop? The handle is all one peice.
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 7 years ago.
No, the handle and the escution are one piece. the handle rotates 360 inside the escution once removed from the stem ( you are attempting to expose this now) the escution is screwed onto the valve body underneath. Unscrew the cone shape piece. the handle will raise with it off of the cartridge stem you will soon be replacing
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I must have given you the wrong description. is there any way to text you a photo or two so you can see what I mean?
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 7 years ago.

Give me a few minutes to pull it up online. I'll send you a link then pick the number that it appears to be.

Edited by Plmqwk on 9/6/2010 at 1:15 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK - Thank you.
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 7 years ago. looking through the selections for two handle. I am going to switch gears here, sorry. The little hole should have a very small allen set screw. It may just be corroded with water deposites making it difficult to unthread or even get the allen to set in there properly. Try spaying a small amount of Liquid wrench (WD-40) and see if that will help. Careful not to let it remain on the finish long as it can ruin that. just wipe it off well.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The handles are like in Model P99508LF. The holes in the hanles are clean and do not take an alan wrench.
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 7 years ago.


Hopefully this will help you. It looks like an allen set screw for your handle to me according to these instructions.

Plmqwk and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you