Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

HI, MY NAME IS ABEL ARAGON THE ELECTRICITY WENTOUT AT MY AREA…

Customer Question
HI, MY NAME ISXXXXX ELECTRICITY...
HI, MY NAME ISXXXXX ELECTRICITY WENTOUT AT MY AREA AND CAME BACK BUT THERR IS NOWATER I HAVE THE SUBDRIVE 75, I CHECKED THE BRAKER AND EVRETHING IS NORMAL BUT THE WATER PUMP IS NOT WORKIN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Plumber: Plumbing Pro, Plumber replied 8 years ago
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
So you are saying that you are on a well pump? or on city water?
I MA ON A WELL PUMP
Some times the beakers can go bad if there was a power surge, in most cases in the panel they wire 2 breakers into one, and if one of the breakers goes bad then it wont send power to the well pump. Go to the pressure gage and tell me what it is reading?

HTERE IS NO PRESURE AT THE THE GAGE THE PRESURE IS ZERO.

well if your power went out then the well pump will turn off and you will have no water , but if the power came back on and the pump is still not working, then you have a bad breaker . you can go to the panel and try to reset the breaker by tuning it off then back on a couple of times. if noting happens then you should call a electrician out to service the problem.
Relist: CALL AN ELCTRISIAN IS NOT A $15 DOLLOR ANSWER..
CALL AN ELCTRISIAN IS NOT A $15 DOLLOR ANSWER.
well try to fix it your self then, it wont be safe! you asked a question and i gave you the answer, your breaker is bad or the pump is burnt out or not getting power. You need special tools to test for power and you have to know what your doing or you will kill your self poking around in the panel. did you even try to reset the breaker? it has to be the source of the problem if the rest of the house has power , or the pump is burnt out. Its also possible that the pressure switch was fried when the power went out, but all this is 220 volt and not safe to work on if you don't know what your doing. What do you expect me to fix your problem over the computer?